Residential Single Stream Curbside Recycling
Single-stream recycling is a system in which all recycle materials - fiber, plastics, tin, and aluminum - are placed, unsorted, in the Recycle Cart. With our single-stream cart residential collection program, we can help divert approximately 40% of your household waste from your local landfill. An easy and convenient way to divert your waste from the garbage stream and accomplish your commitment to recycling. All of your recycling can be picked up at one location—your home! Let us give you a convenient, time saving and hassle-free way to recycle all year round.
What Is Single Stream
All approved recyclables can now be placed together in the recycle cart. Accepted materials are listed below. Other materials for recycling will be added in the future as the necessary processing equipment is put into place. The recycle cart will be picked up in a timeframe that will allow the capacity of the cart to be utilized most efficiently.
Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with our collection program. It is an easy and convenient way to demonstrate your commitment to recycling and protecting our environment.
Paper & Cardboard
- Flattened corrugated cardboard and paperboard (empty cereal boxes, empty detergent boxes, empty tissue boxes)
- Newspaper, flyers, inserts, junk mail, and envelopes
- Magazines, catalogues, telephone books, paperback books, hardcover books with covers and spine removed
- Brown paper bags, tissue roll cores, gift and packing paper, paper egg cartons
- Copier paper, NCR (no carbon required) paper
Aluminum & Tin
- Soft drink and beer cans
- Foil trays and pie plates
- Household tin cans (please rinse)
- Containers with logo 1-7-No plastic food containers labelled #1
- Plastic drink bottles
- Aseptic Packaging & Cartons
- Juice and milk cartons, milk jugs, tetra-pak containers, pouches
Glass (Manitoba Only)
- Household bottles and jars (please rinse)
- Household garbage, organics, or hazardous waste
- Waxed, plasticized or food contaminated paper, cardboard cups or plastic plates
- Soiled tissues, napkins and paper towels
- Confetti shredded paper
- Styrofoam or other foam packing materials
- Auto parts or batteries
- Oil or chemical jugs
- No Plastic Bags
- No Plasatic wrap
- No plastics labelled #1 EX. Black and clear clamshell food containers.